Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Budding Picassos

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso


This morning Kiki and I went with our good friends Miss Joy, Julia, and Annabelle to a children's art studio. The girls had a great time and really let their spirits guide them. The quote for this entry was actually on the wall of the studio and got me thinking.


I really wanted to "get my hands dirty" today and paint and create with Kiki, but instead I only observed and guided her. Why do we stop playing as adults? Why not be less self conscious and more involved?


My greatest joy is my child's passion for life. She has such a strong will, yet it's tempered with a gentle heart. I hope she has that enthusiasm forever. It was a beautiful morning.

No comments: