Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's a Small World After All

When a woman comes home from a long day of shopping, you should always tell her she spent too little. ~Nehama Dekel (toast during our wedding)

Today we had the pleasure of visiting with Amir's Aunt and Uncle (Nehama and Haim) from Israel. They had a full day layover in Atlanta on their way back home from an Alaskan cruise. As you can see from the quote above, Nehama made an impression on me from the start :-D.
Amir and Kiki saw them just last week in Israel, and today we got to see them in Atlanta! Unbelievable how quickly we are able to transverse continents. Haim and Nehama have been to Holland and Germany and now North America just in the last two months.

We took them to the Aquarium (it is the largest in the world) and to Atlantic Station (shopping and Rosa Mexicana). It was wonderful to see them, especially for me since I did not have the chance in Israel. They're already back to the airport for the final leg of their trip, and I am reminded once again that although we can visit, it's not like living close.
Finally, just a funny story about Kiki. Amir and I both were putting her to bed the other night, and she decided it isn't fair that she sleeps alone, and we get to sleep together. So, she was telling us she doesn't want to sleep by her own self, and I thought I would solve everything by giving her a beloved stuffed animal to sleep with.


By the way, she never had any "attachment" item. Never took a pacifier, never had a blankie, never sucked her thumb, etc. That's a whole other story.
Anyway, I gave her the animal, she throws it back at me with an incredulous look on her face, and tells me "No Mommy! I want to sleep with REAL people!". How is it that children become so smart so fast?

No comments: