Saturday, July 12, 2008

Project No. 5 Complete!

The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn. ~David Russell

I’ve never been big on second chances. Don’t know why- it’s not some philosophical decision I made, more of a natural reaction. Generally, I just don’t have the time or energy or desire to go another round in most situations. I guess I was more inclined to burn all the bridges than to try and figure out which might be worth crossing.

I’m starting to see that may actually be an immature reaction, and I’m thankful that, lately, I’ve been open to second chances in a few areas of my life. People have been very forgiving of me in the past, many times when I didn’t deserve forgiveness. It’s my turn to learn to forgive and to accept forgiveness, and luckily I’m still growing.

I’ll keep the most personal aspects of this growth to myself, but will share that in a business situation, the second chance turned into a beautiful house that is going to make someone a beautiful home.

See the before (left) and after (right) pictures below.







No comments: