Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Beautiful Mind

I shut my eyes in order to see. ~Paul Gauguin

Kiki and I went with her school friend, Molly, and Molly's mother, Sarah, to the Botanical Gardens last week. The girls had a great time exploring the children's gardens, but the flower sprinklers were definitely the big hit.

On the way, Kiki entertained me with a rousing rendition of "Jumping Salad in a Pot" (?), a detailed description of where Molly and Miss Sarah were lost in the forest next to the highway and how we needed to save them (??), and finally she introduced me to her imaginary friend "the Grumpy Old Troll" (not Michael, or Sally, or Jake as some children might name their imaginary friends) who apparently was grumpy because Kiki ate his or her birthday cake (???). I had to wonder if she was talking about me :-D.

Isn't imagination beautiful?!?! For me, Kiki's imagination is an endless source of wonder and amusement.

Of course, this same mind decided the greatest tragedy in her young life was the fact that her Mommy gave her a plain band aid instead of an Elmo band aide for her boo-boo (cue whining, tears, and the mean Mommy soundtrack) :-D!

No comments: