Friday, June 27, 2008

Little Mermaid

If you should rear a duck in the heart of the Sahara, no doubt it would swim if you brought it to the Nile. ~Mark Twain

Kiki took her first swimming lesson yesterday morning and was such a pro. She's loved the water since she was just a baby, so I'm not that surprised that she didn't have any issues going by herself with the instructor.
But, I was surprised by how much she accomplished in just 20 minutes. She's now swimming with her head in the water, diving under to pick up rings, and even learned to climb out the side of the pool on her own.

She was soooooooooooo proud of herself and, of course, I was beaming the whole time.
Ok, I admit some of the time I was silently saying "Get your head out of the water! Get your head out of the water!" But, stayed calm on the outside so as not to alarm any of the other students waiting with me :-D.

She never ceases to amaze me, and I realize how often I underestimate how much she is capable of doing.

No comments: