Sunday, April 20, 2008

Celebrating Kendall

I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship. ~Pietro Aretino

No, it's not Shiloh Jolie-Pitt in these pictures, it's Kendall, the daughter of my friend Shannon! It took me some time to get these pictures posted because I really couldn't find the right words.

Shannon and I have been best friends since we met in 6th grade at Jade S.'s birthday party (inside joke ;-D), and she is truly the only person I know (besides my mom) that has been with me through every stage in my life (since the 6th grade of course).

Though we become nearly consumed with the roles of wife and mother, our pasts are so much a part of our present. It's comforting to have a friend who understands who I was "before" (and visa versa). See the pics for some before (around 10th grade) and after (two weeks ago) pics :-D.

Shan has a wonderful family, and we were so happy to share Kendall's first birthday with them.

Just wish we got to see each other more!

No comments: