Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day, Part 2

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. ~Chinese Proverb

I won't even begin to try and put into words what it means to me to be a mother. Far more eloquent women long before me have written about the trials and triumphs of motherhood and I'll leave the task to them.


I will say that I will never be the same after having Kiki, and that is a good thing, and that my family means everything to me.



The Mother's Day celebration began at midnight for me because my loving husband just could not wait to give me the most beautiful and touching and charming and moving (you get the point) portrait that my friend Crystal photographed and had made for us. See his post below...


It is without question the best gift I have ever received.



In the real morning, Amir picked up Kiki from her first spend the night out party with her best friend Sophie(next post!), and served me breakfast in bed. That evening, we celebrated for the 3rd year in a row with Sophie and Jack's parents- our dear friends the Balzuweits at JCT. The dinner was delicious, the company wonderful, and the evening perfect.



I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank my own Mother. These days I forget sometimes that I am also a daughter. My friend Danielle, who always gives the best advice, said this weekend that our job as parents really is to simply make sure our children know we love them. I can say without any hesitation, my mother always made me feel loved. Thank you.

No comments: