Tuesday, May 6, 2008

While Abba is Away, Part 2

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Amir and I have been talking a lot lately about how lucky we are to be living such a wonderful life. But, we also know that this doesn't give Kiki much of a taste of the "real world", and we are working to find ways to help build her strength and character. It's not easy, but it's important, and we will do everything we can not to spoil her too much.

That being said, just had to put up pictures of my Kiki's darling toe-toes (as we call them).

We had another girls day out yesterday, and our first stop was Polished. The manicurist asked Kiki if it was her first time getting her toes painted. Kiki says, and I quote:

"Actually, my mommy did paint my toe-toes at home, but actually she did not do a very good job."

She is using "actually" quite a bit these days.

We laughed :-D. In fact, I'm laughing so hard right now that tears are coming out of my eyes, but I know that's just because she's my child.

Last stop, ice cream to try and keep her awake on the ride home and bribe her for all the errand running.

I sure do love that kid!!!!

No comments: