Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Sleep Away From Home

To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. ~Josh Billings

Kiki spent the night away from home without Amir and I for the first time this weekend!

Meemaw wasn't feeling well, and Allyson and Eric stepped in and offered to have Kiki spend the night with them (and Sophie and Jack of course) so Amir and I could go to a shower for Tiff. I can't think of a better family to look after our daughter.



I didn't realize what a big deal this would be until I got out of the shower Saturday afternoon, and Amir and Kiki were gone :-(. Off she went for her first sleepover away, and I didn't get to give her a kiss goodbye. What a stark reminder of how big she has gotten.
Allyson said the girls were great and had the best time. They did exactly as Sophie said they would "laughed, talked, played, and... slept!" The pictures the Balzuweit's took speak volumes.
I'm very proud of Kiki for being so at ease sleeping at someone else's home. It helps she's known the Balzuweit's since she was 4 months old :-D.
Take a look at Allyson's blog for a better description of the nights events!




Thank you again so so much!!!


The party was also a lot of fun. We drove up to Flowery Branch and got to hang out poolside with great friends, listen to a live band, and be in a beautiful home on the lake. We're so happy to celebrate with Tiffany and Daniel and are ready for the Big Event in Charleston next month!

No comments: